Stress is defined as any disturbance—extreme cold or heat, psychological stress, sleep deprivation, work overload, physical trauma, as well as toxic exposure—that can trigger the stress response. The body’s stress response system is comprised of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Prolonged stress triggers the HPA axis and consists of three stages: 1: alarm, 2: resistance, and 3: exhaustion.
- Rhodiola rosea Root Extract: Rhodiola rosea has been categorized as an adaptogenic botanical due to its ability to increase resistance to a variety of stressors. Rhodiola has been studied extensively and is widely used in Eastern Europe and Asia to help support the nervous system, mood regulation, mental clarity, work performance and the sleep cycle. Within the central nervous system, Rhodiola has demonstrated an ability to preserve levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Eleuthero Root Extract : Eleutherococcus senticosus has been identified as a strong adaptogenic botanical and is widely used in China to improve general health, support memory and physical endurance. In addition to its ability to improve stress resilience and maintain energy, Eleuthero has been shown to support the immune system. In a double -blind study, the adaptogenic effects of Eleuthero were demonstrated to help maintain a sense of calmness, reflected by a reduction of heart rate, during stress exposure.
- Schisandra Berry Extract: Schisandra is an adaptogenic botanical that has been used for centuries in China and Russia to help support mental clarity, Dietary Supplement stress response and emotional wellness.
- Licorice Root Extract:The primary components in licorice root that support adrenal health include glycyrrhetic acid and glycyrrhizin. Licorice has also been shown to block 11-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, the enzyme responsible for the conversion of cortisol to the inactive cortisone.
- Adrenal Concentrate: For thousands of years, glandular concentrates have been used in medicine to supply key nutrients to support the body. The concept of glandular therapy states that similar organ extracts from animals will support the same organ within humans by stimulating its activity. Adrenal bovine concentrate allows for rejuvenation of the adrenal stress system in a balanced and efficient manner.
Micronutrient Blend: Adrenal gland function, as well as the synthesis of cortisol, is dependent on an adequate supply of several vitamins. Vitamin C plays a major role in neurotransmitter production and supports general health of the adrenals. Under stressful conditions, vitamin C and B complex vitamins are readily used and excreted from the body. Within the B vitamin family, pantothenic acid breaks down into Coenzyme A, which is essential for the production of energy from ingested carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
2 capsules 1-2 times per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Formulated to be free of allergens delivered from: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing.